(FREE) courses to help you along
At some point in your digital journey, you’ll come across GA (Google Analytics).
Google Analytics is a powerful tool that can help you uncover and understand so many aspects of how people are engaging with your website, what they are interested in and so much more.
This blog is part of a blog series that will cover:
- How you sign up for the course being reviewed
- Course content and new skills
- Course format
- What you can expect from the final exam
- How each of these courses can benefit you
Let’s dive right in.
How do you sign up for the course?
Click the Arrow you see underneath Google Analytics for Beginners.
(Drumroll) And you’re in. (if you are not logged in, you will be asked to sign in with your Gmail account or another email account.)
You are now registered to start the course. As simple as that. Good luck!
Course content and new skills
In this course you will cover the following:
- Unit 1: An Introduction to Google Analytics.
- Unit 2: The Google Analytics Interface
- Unit 3: Basic Reports
- Unit 4: Basic Campaigns and Conversion Tracking
The course is presented as video tutorials and there are 4 units which contain lessons that you need to work through. At the end of each lesson, there is an assessment which goes over the work that was discussed in the unit. According to the course FAQ’s this course is going to take about “4-6 hours.” I reckon it may take longer if you are not that familiar with the Google platform.
What you can expect from the final exam?
Like most Google courses, the course exam questions are a mix of theory-based questions and questions based on certain “real life” scenarios. I find this is a great way to truly grasp the concepts and functionality of this exceptional tool.
Be prepared to answer 70, randomly drawn, questions from a library of questions in 60 minutes.
If you have worked through all the units, you should be able to do this easily, but be sure to take notes as some of the concepts might feel foreign at first. This is also great when you need to look back at anything in the course.
How will this course benefit you?
Where to start! This is the first step on your way to getting your Google Analytics Individual Qualification. Some ways this course could help you:
- Understanding how your audience is interacting with your website.
- Seeing what content resonates with your audience.
- Understanding reports done by your SEO, Retention and Acquisition departments.
- The list is pretty endless…like Nike would say, just do it.
I’m already excited for you to tackle this course and would love to know what your experience has been.
Did you find the content valuable, did you have any suggestions for Google to improve?